Wednesday 3 August 2011

Inspiration Wednesday - with Heidi

I'm so thrilled I received these papers as part of my DT kit this month, I still have quiet a few of our SA trip photo's to scrap, and this colour range suited the African Colours.

Sometimes you take heaps of photo's especially when you are at the zoo, or in a wildlife park, I found we had heaps of photo's of all the animals we saw at the Kruger Park, of course going back as a tourist, you take heaps of pic's of all the animals, I found the Fleur de Lis Frame from Dusty Attic simple perfect to showcase the Big 5 which we were lucky enough to see the first day we were at the Kruger Park. For those of you who don't know the Big 5 include, Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Elephant and Rhino. It's the first time I've seen Leopard in the park, so the girls are extremely lucky to have seen all five.

Image

I sprayed the frame using my new fav colour from the Glimmermist Range {Mel's Diner} it's sort of a rusty red colour which worked just perfectly to frame the photo's. On this layout i have used one piece of paper [Travelogue]as the background, and then simply cut out some shapes from the same piece of paper and then using foam tape to give them some dimension. To finish it off I used some those Green Felt Ferns from Prima which came out about two years ago. :P3:

here is a close up:-

Image

On the second layout, again a multi-photo layout, showcasing Abigail's unique shots... she thought it would be pretty cool to take close up shots of all the animals butts :LOL2: , so of course I had to do a layout of it, so one day when she looks back, she can have a good laugh :CLAP: :CLAP:

Image

On this layout I have used Snapshots paper as my base, and then used the Journal Elements 2 and cut these up to create the different papers at the back of the photo's. I backed both the photo's using some chipboard to raise then slightly, and then added some of the stickers from the Sticker's Fundamental's sheet to embellish it. To give the edge of the background paper an older feel, I went around with black Brilliance Ink around the edges.

Here are some close ups using the Journal Elements

Image

Image

I hope these layouts have inspired you to think outside the box when using these papers, especially the Sticker sheet and the Journal Elements papers which can be used in so many different ways to jazz up your pages and very cost effect as well.

I'll have some more layouts towards the middle of month to share using this same range.

TFL & Happy Scrapping
Heidi

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...