Friday 5 August 2011

Product Focus Friday - Journalling Cards

Hi Ladies and welcome to Product Friday.

This week i wanted to show you how you can use Journalling cards as embellishments and not just for journalling! I was given a Jenni Bowlin tag booklet to have a play with and came up with a layout and a card using some of the different journalling tags in the pack. Each pack is great value for money - my pack was called Diecut Journal Pad Vintage and had 6 different tags and you get 6 of each tag so 24 in total which would last for quite awhile!

For my layout i went with a vintage theme to match the tags- i cut out the border from one of the tags and used as an embellishment on the top left of my page- i thought it looked kind of like a sign and hung a timepiece from it. I cut out the centre of the tag and did actually use it as journalling - tucked behind my photo. The other journalling tag i used as a base in my embellishment cluster on the right side of the photo.

Image
Image

Here is my completed layout... i loved cutting around the window and adding a diecut behind it..
Image

Image

I also made a card using the same gorgeous Bo Bunny papers and a journalling tag. My first card!

Image

I hope that you will try some ways of using tags as embellishments on your pages too

Happy Scrapping
Francine

Products Used

Jenni Bowlin Diecut Journal Pad- Vintage
BoBunny Timepiece paper- Villa
Timepiece- Petals
Timepiece- Dots
Timepiece- Numbers
Tick Tock
Basic Grey Curio Paper
Lace
Prima Transparency
Buttons
Brown Bazzill
Kaisercraft Chipboard
Jenni Bowlin Tag and twine

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...