Friday 30 September 2011

OTP Inspiration

Hi Everyone!
Its already October and not long now til Christmas - I know how could I even mention it?! Its too early to start thinking presents!!!  But its not if you're like me and make a lot of your gifts and cards.  So I thought I'd show you what you can do with a simple photoframe.  You can pick them anywhere and now that they come window boxed as well as just flat framed it gives oodles more possibilities. 

The first frame is a really simple wooden one I picked up at The Warehouse, made for a colleague who has just lost his mum to cancer.  I just added a Prima vine, some single little rosebuds and a wee tag - simple but really effective and displays beautifully on a metal display stand.



The second frame I also purchased from TWH and was part of a wedding present - the vine this time was chosen because the colours matched their bridesmaids dresses perfectly, I then just added some rubons and a chipboard heart that was painted and whilst still wet I applied glitter.



The third frame actually made the recipient cry!  Not my intention but she had just lost who precious wee cat so this was a special gift.  The white matt of the frame I stamped using a script stamp and pinecone ink and matted the photo onto some Karen Foster paper.  The 'pompom' vine is from my stash - a petaloo product - and matched the bush Buddy was lying in, with some ribbon, extra few flowers and his initial to personalise the frame.


Now hopefully this has given you some inexpensive ideas for gifts this year!
Happy Scrapping!
Megan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a great idea, i never thought of embellishing photo frames as a gift. Thats a few xmas gifts solved :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...