Friday 2 September 2011

This month's Spotlight is on ...


... Vicky Mullen aka gypsykate!

I would like to share Vicky's fabulous winning layouts. Here's her layout for August's sketch challenge:



And here are her layouts for August's fortnightly challenges:



And so you can all get to know Vicky a little better, I conducted a little interview.


1. Tell us a little about yourself - your family, where you live, etc.
I live in a little town 30 minutes outside of sunny Nelson with my 5 year old daughter and my parents. My 2 grown sons have left home, the eldest is a baker in Stratford and has a beautiful baby daughter. My middle son lives with my brother in Australia, at 19 he hasn't decided what he wants to do yet so he works at McDonalds while he makes up his mind. My kids are my pride and joy. I suffer from RA (an auto-immune disease) which stops me from working but I keep myself busy scrapbooking, mixed media art, reading, playing games on Facebook and of course spending time with Katie and my huge extended family.

2. How long have you been scrapbooking?
7 years.

3. What got you into scrapbooking?
Losing my partner in an accident, I needed something to record all the memories I held of him, and had helped my Mum make a scrapbook for my nephew's 21st earlier in the year. I managed to get not only myself hooked but a few of my friends.

4. Where do you get most of your inspiration from?
The photo I am using, or sometimes the patterned paper, sometimes from an image or something I see on TV or the net.

5. If you had to choose just THREE scrapbooking products, what would they be and why?
Patterned paper, I am a junkie for pretty paper.

My Silhouette, I cant live without it and use it just about every time I scrapbook.
Stamps, this is a rapidly growing addiction and I love to use them on layouts.

6. Who are your favourite celebrity scrapbookers?
That's such a hard one, there are so many fantastic scrapbook artists that I admire. I suppose if I was to pick one it would be Nichol Magouirk.

7. Your favourite quote is ...

"Stay calm and just breathe."

I hope you have all enjoyed seeing Vicky's work and getting to know her better. Stay tuned, because in a couple of weeks we will be posting a special "just for fun" weekend sketch challenge based on a sketch chosen by Vicky (as well as her interpretation of it).

Congratulations Vicky, on being this month's winner. I hope you've enjoyed being "In the Spotlight" (and it's not over yet)!

Hannah

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...