Monday 24 October 2011

Fancy Pants - To The Moon

Hi everyone,

It is a long weekend here in New Zealand and after celebrating the nail biting win over the French last night in the Rugby World Cup final. I know I can speak for myself when I say that I have appreciated the extra day of weekend!!

Now it is time for me to reveal my second lot of design team inspiration for the month from the Fancy Pants - To The Moon range. This is an uber fun range for all those little (and maybe not so little boys in your life). Full of bright bold colours, fun patterns and lots of cool matching embellishments.

The first layout I created using the Robots patterned paper as the background of my layout and then added lots of embellishments by cutting out the banner and stars, "All Boy" and the little Robot from the Strips patterned papers. Which is a great way of creating lots of cool embellishments but doesn't break the bank. I then finished off the layout with some circles from the Aliens patterned paper and adding some of the Rubons.


My second layout from this range, I didn't specifically have photos about robots, martians or even space ships but instead I used the sentiments in the Rubons to match the papers in with the photo of Liam.

I have mixed up the patterned papers in this layout to include a small amount of MME Lime Twist which I think works really well with the colours in this range. I created the title by cutting out the words on the rubons individually to make them flow better around my circle and of course adding the spaceship to the layout as well. I didn't need to do much to the background of this paper as it is fun all on its own but I did cut a piece out behind my photo and used this for piece for some of the rubons and pop dotted them up to give the layout more definition. I have also used the Tim Holtz Rosette Die to and then mounted the planet rubon in the middle of it as it's centre.

That is all from me for now. Thanks for visiting and I hope you had a great weekend!!

//Michelle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...