Sunday 9 October 2011

This month's Spotlight is on ...

... Andrea Davey!

I would like to share Andrea's winning layouts. Here's her layout for September's sketch challenge:



And here are her layouts for September's fortnightly challenges:





And so you can all get to know Andrea better, I conducted a little interview:

1. Tell us a little about yourself - your family, where you live, etc.
I live in Lincoln with my husband Tony who I have been married to for coming up to 15 years in November, with our two children Lucas (9) and Brie-anne (8). My kids like most people are my inspiration and many pages are done on what we have been doing in our life and these memories can be shared and passed on to the next generation. We moved down from Auckland 5 years ago and even with all the earthquakes and aftershocks we wouldn’t move back as we like the lifestyle in Lincoln (10 minutes from Christchurch) as it is semi rural. This seems to be changing a bit now though with so many people moving out this way. We own our own business so my scrapbooking time is limited to a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon. The kids know that if they want anything it has to be asked for before lunch time Sunday otherwise it’s not going to happen as that’s my time.

2. How long have you been scrapbooking?
8 years.

3. What got you into scrapbooking?
I started scrapbooking when Lucas was 1, as I was taking so many photos and I didn’t know what to do with them. That’s when I did a basic class at Spotlight and then other classes at the Mt Eden scrapbooking store to get ideas and skills.

4. Where do you get most of your inspiration from?
Most of my ideas come from the photo or paper and also by the challenges that are set by the design team. When I don’t have much time having some guidelines makes it easier for me to come up with an idea so a sketch to follow is great.

5. If you had to choose just THREE scrapbooking products, what would they be and why?
Basic cardstock, I seem to use this quite often as a starting block and I have lots of different colours. I think this is because I find it hard cutting up pretty paper.
Double sided tape as it can be used to stick lots of different things down.
Mesh ribbon as it adds interest to a layout yet doesn’t take over the page.


6. Who are your favourite celebrity scrapbookers?
I don’t really have time to surf the internet to get ideas but I have gained heaps of ideas from looking at Heidi’s pages and sitting next to her at the retreat I got inspired by her suggestions – yes Heidi I now use a lot more ink (a wee hint from her).

7. Your favourite quote is ....
"Live, Love and Laugh - this is how life should be."

I hope you have all enjoyed seeing Andrea's work and getting to know her better. Stay tuned, because in a couple of weeks we will be posting a special "just for fun" weekend sketch challenge based on a sketch chosen by Andrea (as well as her interpretation of it).

Congratulations Andrea, on being this month's winner. I hope you've enjoyed being "In The Spotlight" (and it's not over yet)!

Hannah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Andrea

Trace said...

Congrats Andrea, always interesting reading about other scrappers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...