Tuesday 22 November 2011

Step By Step with Francine- Teacher Gifts

Hi ladies and welcome to Tuesday Step by Step.

This week i wanted to show you something simple that you could make for those all important teacher gifts for the end of the school year. When i was little my sisters and i would always make our teachers a container of homemade sweets (and our neighbours as well at Christmas time). We had heaps of fun making and tasting as we went along making chocolate, fudge, chocolate balls, marshmallow and coconut ice to go in our little parcels.

So i decided to zoosh up my containers a little as the step by step this week- going from an ordinary margarine container to this






I used my extras that i received after doing the Prima Roadshow class- all beautiful Alla Prima papers and prima flowers. As you can see i haven't done my baking yet but will when the time gets nearer and replace the chocolates with real homemade ones!

This was an easy project to make and quick! My daughter made this one for her teacher- he loves hardboiled lollies so i helped her make a little container for him to keep on his desk all year round! So this could be a great opportunity to get your kids creating with you to make those gifts too!



As for the step by step-

1. I used strips of patterned paper to cover my container.
2. I then cut a circle to fit the lid of my conatiner in matching papers.
3. Add ribbon trim around the lid- i used pom pom trim then add white trim to the bottom of the tub.
4. Now embellish- i added flowers , leaves and bling to my container
5. i then embellished my lid with flowers, raja centres, glimmermisted flowers, leaves and tags.
6. Add your chocolates or homemade baking and you are all done!

I hope that you will give these a try - quick and easy to make and a great way of using up some paper scraps too- and best of all the conatiners can be refilled or used for another purpose on the teachers desk all year round.

Happy Scrapping
Francine

Products used
Prima Blooms
Prima Leaves
Raja Centres
Silver trim
Prima Swirl
Pom Pom trim

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...