Friday 30 December 2011

Product Focus on Stamps




Hi everyone,

I have to apologise this post is a wee bit late this week. The short week completely threw me and I didn't realize what day we were up too and then we got a new computer and it took a bit to set up properly. But better late than never!!

I hope you all had a nice Christmas wherever you are and if you are on holidays right now are enjoying the break. We are having nice four day weekends and I am enjoying getting some stuff done around our new place.

This month I was using the clear stamp set for the Sports Edition II collection by Teresa Collins.


This particular stamp set is so versatile to have in your stash of scrapbooking products. What I love about stamping with clear stamps is that they are relatively inexpensive because you can use them more than once rather than using up store bought embellishments. You can also choose any ink colour to match in with your project and if you wish to add dimension to your projects by stamping onto card stock or patterned paper and then raising them with foam dots. Lastly, the advantage of using a clear stamp over a wooden stamp is that you can see exactly where you are going to stamp with them which ensures that your stamped image is exactly where you would like it to be.

Creating backgrounds

The first stamping technique that I am going to share which is quite trendy at the moment in the scrapbooking world is to create effective backgrounds using stamping. This can be a bit daunting as it does mean stamping directly onto your project but don't worry if you accidentally mis-stamp the image as I do this all time and it just adds to the effect. You can always add to the image by putting an embellishment in the area that was mis-stamped in the first place. There is no right or wrong way to create backgrounds using stamped images. You can either plan it out or instead if you are like me... start with one image and then add more images until you feel it is finished.

Here is an example using the TC stamps:


On this page I have added some stars to the lefthand side of the page. I have then added some of the smaller stars from one of the other stamps and raised them with foam dots and added some of the die cuts to cover where the stars haven't completely stamped.


Another background using the stamp set - this time I have created a border strip out of stamped images and I have also coloured in the stars in red to match in with the papers used on the project.

Also, I encourage you to think outside of the square when it comes to stamping! Instead of using ink on your stamps I have picked out only a small piece of the 'Play hard' circle without the rest of the stamp and used a marker pen to colour only that piece of the stamp.

Creating embellishments using stamps

I just love adding layers and dimensions to my embellishments using clear stamps. I have done this often throughout the mini album but in the photo below you can see I have added the little crest symbol to the edge of my photo on page 3 as well as another star to my photo pocket on page 4 of my album.

Also, I created a little tab using the 'Play Hard' stamp for the person reading the album to turn over the top team photo on page 5 below.


There are so many different ways you can add stamps to your projects to add interest and layers! A couple of others that come to mind are stamping using Stazon Ink onto transparency or stamping and then using embossing powders to give your stamped images a lovely glossy look to them.

I hope the above has given you a few more ideas of how stamping can feature in your projects in the future and inspired you to go shopping in the store for some clear stamps to add to your stash!

//Michelle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...