Saturday 3 December 2011

This month's spotlight is on.....

Scraphappy!!!  Congratulations.  Here for your enjoyment are Gwen's challenge layouts....

November Sketch Challenge

 Challenge 1
 Challenge 2

And so you can get to know Gwen a little better I conducted this little interview...


1.       Tell us a little about yourself - your family, where you live etc

I’m an Aucklander, a busy teacher with a grown up family and  grandchildren.

2. How long have you been scrapbooking
        Seven years now – spurred on by a desire to record ordinary family moments.  Not just the big celebrations but the good, the bad and the ugly even!

3. What got you started
While waiting for my eldest daughter’s overdue baby to arrive, we visited a LSS to get materials to while away the time until his arrival. I was going to record each grandchild’s life just until each was two years old, but couldn’t stop!

4. Where do you get most of your inspiration from
The photos are my inspiration.  I started off wanting to scrap my photos chronologically and wanting to be ordered in how I preserved memories, but now it’s simply a magic moment when I pick up a photo or group of photos and think ‘Yes – I’ll scrap that,’ and then find the papers to suit.  However, I also love a challenge, and a sketch or a theme or the requirements to use a certain number and variety of products can set off that inspiration as well.

5. If you had to choose just THREE scrapbooking products, what would they be
and why?
Patterned papers because I have always loved paper products from when I was a small girl standing at the stationery counter at a store called MacKenzies, wondering how to spend my pocket money on paper and pens.
Alphas – chipboard or rubons or stickers because as they create the titles that explain the feelings, the places, the people in the photos.
Embellishments – any sort at all.  With two grandsons, flowers aren’t always on my layouts, but I love them just the same.  So I scrap past photos of my daughters in order to pretty up a layout!

6. Who are your favourite celebrity scrapbookers.
There are so many whose styles differ, one from another, who inspire me.  Too many to count, but Trina McClune and Nic Howard  are New Zealand scrapbookers whom I admire to bits.

7. Your favourite quote is.

Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and celebrate the journey!

1 comment:

Trace said...

Congratulations Gwen - what beautiful work you've created.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...