Thursday 5 April 2012

Some Basic Grey Inspiration coming your way...





Hi guys, well with Autumn well and truly here, and the richness of colors of the season, Basic Greys "Oxford" range seems a perfect way to start my entries to the Scrappin Patch blog...exciting!!

It's great to break from the 6"x4" rutt, and try printing your photos smaller. This will not only add interest to your albums but great to get lots of images on your 12x12 rather than doing a double layout.

The Basic Grey's papers always complement each other so well so I stuck to this range to make my own embellishments, the rosettes, using Tim Holtz Alterations Paper Rosettes Die. I use this so so much and is an inexpensive way to use up your scraps and jazz up layouts. I have used the under side of 'Study Hall' for the mini rosette, the front side of 'Study Hall' for the rosette on the top and 'Sorority' for the bottom rosette. Then using the 'Oxford' stickers, embellished the rosettes, using also the brads from the collection.









The base paper is the underside of 'Ivy League' and the wide strip down the side is 'Frat House'. I have also used scraps to create tags under the title. The sticker sheet also proved very useful to cut up and make smaller tags with heaps and heaps left over. The papers are great masculine colors too so will use up my scraps with lots of cards for the men in my life... love Belinda




3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is just gorgeous! I love fall colors- so weird to think that it's fall there while it's spring here...kinda glad I'm on this end of things, lol!

Anonymous said...

I love this layout- it's simple and very effective- my kind of style. I would love to learn how to make these rosettes sometime.

Unknown said...

to anonymous...keep posted for my technique class later in the month, love Belinda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...