Monday 18 June 2012

Product focus with Michelle

Hi

Hope you are wrapped up warm and cozy on this winter's day. It is pretty miserable and wet here in Auckland - a perfect day to spend inside. 

Today, I was going to do a product focus for you on the gorgeous Prima Shabby Chic Resin Shapes but I noticed that when checking out  the shop to link up the product on this blog post.. that there isn't much of it left in stock.  So I decided to talk about SEVERAL different products that I have used this month as they are pretty cool too. 

I have used Pink Paislees' Spring Jubilee patterned papers mixed in with a small amount of MME Follow Your Heart to create the basis of my layout below.  This is fun, bright spring like paper range which is so lovely to work with this time of the year with the cold weather outside.  


Okay, I will start by talking about the Prima shabby chic resin.  These are totally gorgeous as it goes without saying with the Prima product lines.   I particularly like to use them clustered with amongst flowers and thought the lamp post fit in really well with the patterned paper.  To be honest, I prefer to use these resin shapes au naturel.  They really don't need a lot of work as they are gorgeous in their own right.  It couldn't be easier to just adhere the resin to your page where you want it.  Of course, if you wish you could add a little colour to the resin by using products such as mists, inks or stains to match in with your project.  



Next, I created the cute little tulle flowers using Trim from Glitz Design and adhering it in a circle pattern onto some Cosmo Cricket Glubers.   These giant glue dots come in 3 different sizes and make it super simple to create your own fabric flowers.  To create these tulle flowers I just twisted the tulle and then stuck it to the outside of the circle and moved inwards until I had reached the centre of the Gluber.  I then used my hot glue gun to stick a sweet button from MME Sweet Caroline Range .  

I finished off the layout using a mix of Prima flowers, some masking, a little banner and I fussy cut out some of the PP - Spring Jubilee: Party patterned paper to fit in under the lamp post.  Finished off by adding my title in the negative space of my photo.  

I hope you have enjoyed my little product focus today!  
//Michelle

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful!! Love all your details :)
xErin

Heidi said...

love the Glitz Tule flower, hmm I might just give those glubers a try, you make it sound sooo easy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...