Wednesday 27 June 2012

Stars in their Eyes - Week 8

Hi everyone!

Lana here with your next fabulous STAR. It gives me great pleasure to introduce Dawn McVey!



Hi there! My name is Dawn McVey and I've been stamping for quite a few years now. I got started in paper-crafting by making cards that friends and family eventually started asking to purchase from me.  In the fall of 2007, I started my blog and started submitting my work to magazines and since then, have had over 100 projects published in various paper-crafting magazines.  

In July of 2008 I accepted a position on the Design Team for Papertrey Ink and in February of 2009, I became a Stamp/Product Designer for Papertrey as well.  I am thoroughly enjoying working with such a creative and innovative company.  In the summer of 2009, I was laid off from my office job and my husband and I made the decision for me to work from home, full time, as a designer.  At the time, it was a very hard decision to make, with the uncertainty of losing the guaranteed income that came with that day job.  It was not a move we would have chosen to make on our own at that time, however, several years later, Bart and I can both say that God clearly had other (better!) plans in store for us and this career change has certainly been a tremendous blessing!  I love working from home and have so enjoyed adding many new products to my Raspberry Suite product line over the last few years!  In 2011, I also joined the Studio Calico Design Team and have been enjoying working with their kits of products each month.  

God has blessed me abundantly with a job that I love and with a wonderful husband that encourages me to follow my dreams! Bart is my best friend and I'm so grateful to get to share each day with him.  We love traveling and spending as much time together as we can.  We also have a one year old labrador retriever, Windsor, who is as lovable as they come!  He's my little (big!) shadow in the studio each day and he's brought so much joy to our lives.  

It's a wonderful life and I'm so, so thankful.

You can visit Dawn's blog at dawnmcvey.typepad.com

Here are some examples of Dawn's gorgeous style...






Here is my take on Dawn's style:



Your challenge is to design a card in the style of the STAR, (not a scraplift of any of the STARS' designs) so be sure to do your homework and check out Dawn's blog to see what inspires you the most.

JUDGING

They will then be judged by Dawn! Each week points will be awarded for first (4 pts), second (3pts) and third (2pts), and all other entries will receive 1 pt. At the conclusion of the competition the one with the most points will bag the STAR prize, with second and third receiving a consolation prize.

Have fun ladies! I can't wait to see your beautiful work! Your cards should be uploaded over here... http://scrappinpatch.co.nz/coppermine/index.php?cat=64 by 8pm Tuesday 3rd July 2012.

**NOTE: Please include a blurb about what aspect of the STAR's designs and style have inspired you, and how you incorporated them into your card. Additionally, please include your name in the title of your layout to assist with the judging- thanks!!** 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...