Monday 30 July 2012

Lilybee Design Step by Step

Hi girls. Hope you all had a great weekend and those who went to Heidi's Album class had a fab time with this talented girl. It is great to see the sun yet again though I find myself stuck inside glued to the TV watching the Olympics Opening Ceremony. Wasn't it great! Rowan Atkinson was definitely my highlight.

So with the last of my kit, I focused on what I had remaining of the LilyBee Design Buttercup range. I had also done a layout with this line which featured in the last newsletter, hope you liked it.

So here we go...

1. At the moment with a lot of my pages, I matt with a contrasting card stock. Here I used black as my base then trimmed half a cm off each side of the white card stock add painted around the edges slightly with an off-white paint to soften the edges. Then adhering the white onto the black being sure to leave an even boarder.


2. Now cut 3 strips, 2 1/2 inches wide from your patterned papers the make your tags. I used Buttercup Flower PotButtercup Robins Egg, and Buttercup Puddles. 2 of these strips need to be 8" long and 1 at 9 1/2" (my longer one is the Flower Pot paper). Pinch these 3 strips in half at one end to create an even fold to cut along your 'V' at the end of your tags. I then painted around the edge with my off white paint as you would when inking. Set aside to dry.

3. Cut square of white card stock 9" by 7 1/2" and crumple up. I have done this to create depth and texture to the page, then sew onto the base of your layout in the bottom left hand corner just under an inch from left side and bottom. I stuck it down with tape first to hold it in place whilst sewing.


4. Adhere the tags to the layout over your crumpled piece as shown. The tag on the left is slightly overlapping the middle and is adhered with foam tape. Then the horizontal piece slips under the middle and is also adhered with foam tape. I have done this due to the uneven surface they are adhered to though you may choose not to. Place then your 4" x 2 1/2" photos on your tags.


5. I found the boarder stickers from the Crate Paper's Storyteller, and Little Boy Blue to co-ordinate really well with the Buttercup line, and adhered the chosen stickers along the bottom of the horizontal tag and down right side of middle tag.


6. I then gathered other co-ordinating embellishments such as brads from Crate Paper Little Boy Blue, MME layered stickers, and title stickers from Simple Stories. I then made a small bunting from LilyBee Designs Double Dutch card stock stickers which I adhered with foam tape and looped then fine twine around other embellishments.


I really hope you enjoy this Layout, I think its really fun and Im pleased the way the papers match my wee mans first swim photos!

Love Belinda







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...