Saturday 14 July 2012

A month of Basic Grey - Part 2

Hi Everyone!

Well, this time I thought I'd do something quite different and not something Ive done before, so it was a bit of an experiment.  Throw in that I wanted to something for a little boy and it became more than a little challenging, after all you know what me and flowers are like :)
The reason for the boy theme was because Im about to become, well in October anyway, a Great Aunt!  An aunt would be fine, but heavens a great aunt sounds so old!  My niece is in her mid twenties and its all exciting, so I have been thinking of decorating babys' room ideas.  Actually I was thinking of lovely girly things, and then he turned into a boy! So, I got thinking a bit more and decided to turn my lovely bright Picadilly orange papers into a lampshade.
I purchased an ordinary touch lamp with a plain canvas lamp shade in a sale, and set about turning it into something a bit more interesting.


So how did we get to this point?  Easy peasy. Decide what theme you want first - I chose stars - and then randomly diecut a mixture of sizes and colours.


Then its just a matter of playing with placement....................................................



Once I was happy with placement, they needed something else, so I added buttons and twine for finishing touches, and it was done!



The paper I used was still part of the Picadilly range, specifically Eat at Jones, Eggs & Bacon, and Farm Fresh Eggs, with a piece of Bazzill cardstock.  The buttons were from the range too.

Thanks for stopping by!
Megan

2 comments:

Francine said...

very cool- you have some awesome ideas!! i would never have thought of a lampshade- it looks fab!

Heidi said...

what a clever idea Megan, love that STAR die...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...