Saturday 7 July 2012

A month of Basic Grey

Hi there!

This month I have three posts for you using Basic Grey Picadilly.  Its by no means a new range but I thought I would show you three different ways Ive used the range in three completely different ways.  I picked this range because it had a lot of what I look for in patterned papers - bright, funky colours, versatility with plains and patterns and Ive also developed a Nic Howard fetish for aqua :) and its in the range too!

So first up lets go with aqua.

Ive gone right outside the OTP box and completed a layout - now don't look so shocked I do create the odd layout you know :)
This photo I have used is very precious to me.  I lived in England for four years and one of closest friends had super parents who became my 'surrogate' parents while I was over there, and even though Im home now and have been for 12 years they were still my surrogates.  This is one of the last photos I have of  my 'parents' and sisters, both Mum and Dad have recently passed away within months of each other from Cancer.  So this photo is precious; the last time they were all together, whilst Mum was still fighting her battle and before Dad started his, and scrapping it was like therapy for me, a lot of tears shed, but a lot of precious memories remembered too.



And a close up of that cluster,


The specific papers from the range Ive used are Apple Orchard, and Breadbox - the versatility of the range means I could use both sides of the Breadbox paper.  I have distressed around all the edges, and layered my patterned paper onto cardstock. The flowers are a mixture of Petaloo from my stash and some old Prima flowers mixed with some lovely resin pieces.
My title is chipboard from 2Crafty, which I have randomly applied texture paste to and then inked.  The flourish is from the same company but this time I inked it with pinecone and then randomly sprinkled glitter before clear embossing the whole thing to set it.

Next time we're going in completely the opposite direction, bold and bright  and yes, back to OTP :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Megan

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...