Wednesday 4 July 2012

Stars in our Eyes - Final Week!

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the final week of our Stars in our Eyes competition.  I am so pleased to introduce my star:

Anabelle O'Malley!



Hi! I’m Anabelle O’Malley!  I live in Delaware with my husband and our eight year old son, Ryan and our orange tabby, Pulu. Although I’d love to spend every day crafting in my scraproom, I have to pay the bills somehow, so I also work at the University of Delaware in the Early Childhood Department.

I’ve been paper crafting for the past eight years and have loved every minute of it. It truly is my creative outlet. As a child, I would spend hours drawing and making cards for people, so this is just a natural extension of my love for all things paper. Along with creating layouts, I still love card making and trying out new techniques. I also love creating decorative gift wraps and tags. Giving them to someone is a gift in itself! Seeing Ryan enjoy the albums I’ve created makes this hobby so worthwhile.

My creations contain lots of texture and details. I love mixing colors and patterns. Finding and using vintage items is something I also enjoy doing.  Lately, foam adhesive and die cuts from my Silhouette machine have been making many appearances on my pages!

Currently I design for Crate Paper, Webster’s Pages and Emma’s Paperie.
I’ve been lucky to have been published in Creating Keepsakes, Scrapbook Trends, Scrapbooks Etc., Cards, Paper Crafts and several other paper crafting books. Additionally, I was a Memory Maker’s Master in 2008 and got to work closely with that publication.

I’m so excited to be a part of the Stars in Our Eyes competition! Can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with. 

You can visit Anabelle's blog http://anabelleom.blogspot.com/

Here are some example's of Anabelle's beautiful layouts:






And my take on Anabelle's style:


Your challenge is to design a layout in the style of the STAR, (not a scraplift of any of the STARS' designs) so be sure to do your homework and check out Anabelle's blog to see what inspires you the most.

JUDGING

They will then be judged by Anabelle! Each week points will be awarded for first (4 pts), second (3pts) and third (2pts), and all other entries will receive 1 pt. At the conclusion of the competition the one with the most points will bag the STAR prize, with second and third receiving a consolation prize.

Have fun ladies! I can't wait to see your beautiful work! Your cards should be uploaded over here... by 8pm Tuesday 10th July 2012.

**NOTE: Please include a blurb about what aspect of the STAR's designs and style have inspired you, and how you incorporated them into your card. Additionally, please include your name in the title of your layout to assist with the judging- thanks!!** 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...