Saturday 18 August 2012

Fancy Pants Summer Soul w Annelie

Swoon. I love this line. The colours, the patterns, the promise of summer... Love it.

The papers & embellies I have used in the two LO's below is available as a kit from the shop for $37.00 . I am also working on a third LO, and have made a card as well, so there is LOT of material to use in this kit.

First up, using the gorgeous "mirage" pp as my background. Love the colour in this.




I have splattered a little bit of Studio Calico "pretty pink" Mr Huey on the background. My favourite pink mist at the moment!

Now, transparancies can be pretty scary. I haven't used a lot of them in the past. I have BOUGHT them, just not used them... So I went for it with this gorgeous transparancy. I did fussy cutting all around it and stuck it on the page like a big embellishment, and then just used one of the swirls in my top corner cluster.



Rub-ons can also be scary! But they create a depth on the page that can be hard to get with stickers for example. I've used one in my corner cluster on this page, and one on my photo. Love the result!


A fairly simple page to put together, but with such a striking result!

My second page is totally different, with my favourite white cardstock background, just with a nice pink paper as a frame around it. Again - the mist splatters that I just can't seem to live without...


Again, I have added some lovely rub-ons, and I have used the patterned paper sparingly.


I also used some of the chipboard decorations here, and cut out a wordstrip from one of the patterened papers as my journaling!




The ribbon from the same gorgeous collection is also in the kit.

Finally today, let me share the card I made with leftovers from the kit... I needed something quick for a teenage girl, and these colours are PERFECT for that!


I've used rub-ons again, on the painted butterfly, and some CUTE buttons as well. It was very well recieved!

This kit should be PERFECT for the retreat that is almost upon us!

//Annelie


Products used:

BG Alpha Stickers (older line, sold out)
BG pins


2 comments:

topkatnz said...

I love love love that 'at the beach' layout - the bow, the banners coming upwards - very cool. Had to laugh about the transparency thing - I have a lot of stuff that I buy but never know quite how to use...hmmm...or is that just 'am too lazy to use'??? I wanted to buy one of those birds but they were all gone - now I know where...they would have been a brilliant addition to my other unused stash!rofl!

Heidi said...

WOW those rubons look fabbo Annelie, I love the bright colours soooo summery, you have done an amaizing job with the papers, love the 2nd layout, just fabbo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...