Tuesday 4 September 2012

Be a little bold

Hello hello.... it's Hayley here... bringing you something bright and cheery on this stormy Christchurch evening.

So I love American Crafts and while a lot of crafters have ventured over further into the vintage, distressed arena, I find myself loving the clean crispness of the more bold paper companies and American Crafts is definately bold. When selecting the photo for this layout I automatically gravitated toward kraft as a background, it just seems to ground it all, kraft is a big love of mine and it's because it will work with just about any colour combination.




This paper line is called Freshly Squeezed and was great to work with, the patterns all work well but have enough interest in their own right.

 I love how most of the paper lines now put a pattern on the retail strip (you know the barcody bit), I use these all the time it's just like having another patterned paper to layer. In fact, when I laid out these papers the first thing I did was cut all the retail strips off and lay them up beside the papers so I could see what options I had. In this case it was the dark brown with the tiny dot and I needed something like that to add some contrast. So before you pop them into the bin, check to see whether you can use them somewhere.

To go along with this range are these great cards called Just Write - Store room recipe cards. You get eight in a pack and they are double sided so lots of options. On the front they are typically more like a recipe card, although some have sentiments like you are my sunshine... they're not all cooking related. On the back is a co-ordinating pattern which is how I've used this pink one. I just taped the three edges down and cut the aqua card slightly smaller so I could put my journalling there.

It's funny I had this photo out several times previously to scrap and it hadn't worked, but it came together really quickly with the right papers. Don't be afraid of the bold!

Hayley


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...