Thursday 6 September 2012

LYB Saturday's Kit - Part 1

Hi, it's Jessica T back with you today.
Over the last couple of weeks I have had the pleasure of playing with one of the new Page Kits that Scrappin' Patch offers through their shop. The kit I am showing you today is made using the Little Yellow Bicycle Saturdays collection patterned papers, cardstock stickers, chipboard spinner, journalling cards, brads, burlap type ribbon, and some Bazzill.
I created four layouts, and there is still more product left over. I will show you two today, and another two next time.
For my first layout, I absolutely fell in love with one of the pieces of patterned paper and couldn't bring myself to cut it up, so I used it as my background piece and built my layout on top. The paper wasn't bright but it was still busy so I kept my embellishing to a minimum so it didn't distract from the photo.
The only thing I used that wasn't included in the kit (other than adhesive and pens), were the brown mini alphas.
I found the centre of the cardstock sticker to be too bright for my layout, so I layered it with two more of the stickers.
My second layout for today is a completely different look, although still in my style of clean and simple. It is created on a half and half background of plain Bazzill and patterned paper.

To be honest it would've been easier using smaller hexagons, but if they were smaller you wouldn't have been able to see the full context of the photos. Play around until you find a size that is right for you.


Again I layered the stickers.
I adhered the photos with foam tape.
I thought this sentiment was perfect for these photos, as I'm sure my partner had plenty of more 'important' things to get done.
I hope this has brought you some inspiration, and that you will buy this kit. Kits really are a great way to get product, as it all matches, and they're usually cheaper than buying the components separately.
Next weekend I will have the next two layouts from this kit to show you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...