Friday 14 September 2012

October Afternoon Sticky Keys with Michelle

Hi everyone,

I am working through my October Afternoon Mini Album and I am so super pleased with it.  I will be able to reveal all in my next post but for now I wanted to share a quick technique with you.

October Afternoon Sticky Keys are cute little Alphas that are perfect for using as titles or even a small amount of journalling on your scrapbooking pages.  

But I always end up having loads of spare letters that I never ever use!  Which can be frustrating and of course I can't bring myself to throw them out.  Usually I suggest you could doctor letters, turn 'J's into the letter 'I's and so forth which of course can't be done when the letter is enclosed in a circle.  

What about using them to create little scalloped borders?  




This is a great way of using up those extra letters as well as adding layering and depth to your projects. Be warned though, I found this little technique HIGHLY addictive and had to stop myself from using all the letters as borders rather than as titles on the page... 

That's all from me for today... I hope you are having a great Friday and that this little tip has helped you think about how you can use up those extra alpha letters that are in your stash!

Take care
//Michelle


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...