Thursday 27 September 2012

OTP Inspiration

Hi Everyone!

Its the end of the month, and has'nt September just flown out the window?! I cannot believe its nearly October already, which means only thirteen weeks til Christmas!! Sorry, had to mention it :)

Ok, so my inspiration is quite different this time.  I decided to play with a few products in the shop - you know the ones; the ones you just had to have but have'nt really used yet!  For me that would be Distress Inks, Stains and crackle paint.
Ive been dabbling in adhering things to glass for awhile with limited success.  Besides using glossy accents or double sided tape to adhere things, I was pretty limited in what my brain was wanting me to do and what I ended up with.  Then I stumbled across Rangers Glue n Seal, and this would be, in  my humble opinion, the best thing ever!!  It looks like a gooey curdled mess in the jar, but goes on like a dream.  It paints easily onto glass, leaving it white while wet, so you can see where you're going and then dries clear.  You can leave it to dry, or if you're wanting everything yesterday like me lol, then a heat gun works well too.  Once your item is dry you can then paint over the top, or ink, apply rubons or whatever you like with no problem at all.

So, I had these two bottles that I'd kept for some reason or another.  For the first one I kept it simple.  I applied glue n seal, and then clear rock candy distress crackle paint and left it over night to dry.  Then I used my spiced marmalade distress ink pad to adhere my colour and left it to dry.  You can't quite see all the crackles in the photo but you can when you see it in real life.



The second bottle I painted white after using glue n seal, and then ran over it with weathered wood distress stain, and then sealed it again, before decorating it with some left over bits from my En Francais kit.



The doily behind the butterfly is an old glittered rubon from K&Co, and the rear butterfly is diecut from a Spellbinders die, layered with a Prima butterfly.
So, come on!, break out those products you just had to have and have'nt used yet and give them a go!  You might surprise yourself, just like I did :)

Oh! These will be in shop on Saturday for you to have a close up look at if you wish - its all day crop at the Patch and Im hoping on getting some Christmas presents done!

Thanks for popping by!
Megan

1 comment:

Trace said...

Gorgeous work Megan.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...