Saturday 6 October 2012

Simple Stories - Handmade

I was so excited when Adrienne gave me the pre-cut Mix 'n Max chipboard album as part of my design team kit this month.  I had purchased the Simple Stories Handmade Holiday Kit, so this was just perfect for what I had in mind using these papers.

I decided to do up a December Daily Album all ready for December.  I actually managed to use every single piece of paper in the kit and even had to go back to get an extra couple of papers just to complete the whole album.  So this month I will be sharing my December Daily pages with you, to inspire you to create your own or even give it as a gift to someone.

  

I popped into the shop to cut all the papers so all I had to do was glue them down and decorate each page individually, I have created some little tags and even a triangle page to add a different look to the album, no two pages are the same.

For the cover I used Handmade Holiday Paper - Page Elements paper as the base page,  and then added my title using the Expressions Sticker Sheet, and outlined the tape pattern on the Elements paper using a black pen just to make it pop our a little.  To give a little dimension to the Alpha's I added some Dimensional Magic over the word DAILY.  I have actually used Dimensional Magic over most of the Numbers in the album, it gives them a nice glossy look.



Day 1 and 2


I have used the Winter Wonderland Paper which is double sided - so it was just perfect and matched together beautifully.


On page 1, I added a Vertical Journal Card and then placed a Transparency over the top. When you buy the full Kit it comes with six 6x4 Transparencies which fit perfectly over the top of the Journal Cards.  The Journal cards are great to use as a matt for your photo's.  Here a before and after look using the transperancy.

BEFORE TRANSPARENCY 
AFTER THE TRANSPARENCY








To add a little special Christmas feel to it I painted the chipboard Santa Hat with Rustic Glimmer Glam, and then added some Dimensional Magic over the top.  For the white piece of the Santa Hat, I inked it with White Stazon - allowed it to dry and then embossed it and before it dried  then added some Diamond Dust over the top to give it dimension and a little sparkle and this allowed the Diamond Dust to dry and get hard with the Embossing Powder.




On page 2, I just added the Number 2 from the black sticker sheet and then added some black Distress Stickles on top of it to give it a some sparkle.  I did the same over the top of the of the flowers on the paper but it didn't come out very well it was too pink although I used a red Distress Stickle, so I painted some Rustic Glimmer Glam over the top which worked perfectly.



 So there are my first two pages plus my front cover, I will show you the rest of the album during the month, I hope this has inspired you to create your own little album.

TFL & Happy Scrapping
Heidi

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...