Monday 26 November 2012

OTP Inspiration

Hi everyone!

In last months newsletter I had promised to share a mini album I had made using Pink Paislee Portfolio range. Im sorry but it slipped my mind :( , so here it is today.

My sister was given for her birthday a voucher from all her friends to bungy jump in Queenstown.  Probably not what most of us would love for our birthdays lol but she was stoked with it, and off she went for a girlie weekend away with some friends.  She asked me when she came back if I would make her a mini album to keep the photos in, but there were rules to go with it!  No flowers! At all!!  If you know me, you would know that was going to be challenge lol I even asked at one stage during the process if I could put some in but no amount of pleading helped, so I had to stop whinging and get on with it!  Here it is:









I have cut up the portfolio packet the photos came in to use for my title and front page embellishments.  The cover is also randomly stamped over the top of a hexagon stencil from WOW - I toned down the yellow Glimmermist with white tissue paper.  Ive also thrown in leftover bits and pieces from Kaisercrafts Pack Your Bags collection - yes thats quite old! :)
I was pleasantly surprised by just how versatile this paper range became, it also came in very handy for covering notebooks, and diaries for a portfolio Ive put together for my husband for Christmas which Ive stored in a Heidi Swapp Memory Box - theres some of these still in the shop. Ive used mine to pop all my husbands car photo expeditions in, using the portfolios, brilliant space saver!
The idea for the type of album Ive made has come from an album Heidi did.  The pattern is purchased from Paper Phenomenon, its an awesome site of great patterns for OTP! Go check it out.

Happy Scrapping Everyone!
Megan

2 comments:

Memories by Manda said...

What a fantastic album! I would find it hard to part with such a great project :)

Francine said...

fabulous- i bet your sister LOVED it! well done on the no flowers- i know how hard that must have been!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...