Thursday 8 November 2012

Smash Book Inspiration

Hi Everyone!

I have x2 double pages from my smash book to share with you today.  As I got into each page, I thought I would try and incorporate different techniques as I went, from really simple ones, to quite different and complex ones.  So as time goes on you will see these in each page.

My first pages are the title pages and its all about me of course :) The base paper on this page was quite bright and in your face with bold words. I wanted to tone it down a bit but still use the colour scheme, so I dry brushed white paint over it and then randomly stamped, before placing my photos and embellishments on.  The paper I used here is from a Collections 6x6 paper pack, and there are some of these in the shop. The background floral vine is fussy cutting from an very old K&Co paper. That was another thought I had about this album - a really good way of incorporating scraps of paper and left over embellishments and mix and match the different collections I had. My quote here is an old Kaiser rubon that Ive rubbed onto a transparency and adhered with glossy accents.



The next two pages are factual points, where I grew up, date of birth, my family, schools etc and a few little memories like my first friends, my first trip to the dentist, ug! and my first teacher etc.  Im hoping to include bits and pieces like that as I go.  So to keep it simple and make the story the focus I typed my thoughts onto paper and then inked around the edges with Distress inks - aged mahogany and stormy sky - then added some random stamping and rubons.


Im currently stuck on pages 4 & 5 that are not jelling but I promise to share on my next post later this month :)  and Im not entirely happy with how its going but theres no 'wrong' in scrapbooking, you just have to be happy with your end product, so with that in mind, I will keep at it!

Thanks for popping by :)
Megan

2 comments:

Francine said...

looking good - Megan- anything you make everyone else thinks is wonderful- even if you are unsure!!

Trace said...

Beautiful work Megan.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...